Thursday, June 24, 2010

Gender Bender

There's this song that always cracks me up when I think about it or when it comes up on the player on it's random run. It comes on in the info as "Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham - Twisted". It goes back to a funny incident where I was talking to my sister about that song. It goes something like this:

Me: Ei this song is nice. .
Sis: Yea. .
Me: Got a nice country-ish twang to it
Sis: Uh huh (I don't quite remember what she was saying up to this point really . .)
Me: I like the lady's voice. .Lindsey Buckingham. .Never heard of her before. .But sounds familiar
Sis: Lindsey is they GUY. .
Me: WHAT ! ? Then the lady is STEVIE ? !
Sis: Yeah she's the Fleetwood Mac singer. .*sings Gypsy
Me: HUH ? SERIOUS ! ?!
Sis: Yea! LOL
Me: HUH ? (I was still sure she was fahking with me)

Anyways, this went on for a couple more years that I thought my sister was messing with my head until I discovered for myself who Stevie Nicks was when she was mentioned in an obscure movie called "Mr. Wrong" (you can watch it on instant NetFlix. .Pretty funny. .Ellen DeGeneres).

Would've been a totally awesome YMLL ! ?!11?// moment.

So it was just a pretty funny confusion thing. I was befuddled. I was sure they were doing that intentionally to twist my mind. That the name of the song was "Twisted" made me certain of this.


1 comment:

  1. I would've thought the other way round too... -kyo

    ReplyDelete